I have not posted much this week. I missed Tablescape Thurs as I was gone Thurs and Fri.,so no Flashback and Foodie Friday either :(
So when I saw Chari's Happy to Design blog was hosting Sunday Favorites, I decided to join in.
It is very much like my friend Suzy has..Flashback Fridays..but I guess it doesn't have to be about food..it can be any old post..and I mean that literally!
What post to replay?
One which not too many saw except for my little band of old friends. We all started blogging around the same time so we encourage each other and learn from one another...So you dear gals, you have seen this, but since it is salad season, and this is really good, I am replaying my very first post..
I saw this in BHG magazine, Nov 08 issue, and decided to give it a try...
Vertical Pear Salad
It's a keeper...
Vertical Pear Salad
- 4 smooth skinned pears
- 2-3 cups water cress ..I used baby spinach-
1/2 cup toasted pecans.. I used walnuts,
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese ..I used feta
- vinagrette dressing (your choice,I used raspberry vinagrette?)
- lemon juice
- Cut pears horizontally into four slices each. Use a knife to cut out the cores so the pieces look like donuts. Leave the stem on the top piece. Brush lemon juice on each cut side of the pieces.
- Toss the pecans, blue cheese, water cress, and dressing until coated.
- Reassemble the pear, vertically, with the watercress salad in between each slice. Once assembled, Drizzle with honey.
I did cook tonight, nothing fancy..just the 2 of us..
What's for Dinner??
Tonight I used my Market Place dishes from Pfaltzgraff..how about a head of cabbage for a centerpiece..:) well it IS on the plate!
We had boneless pork chops, done in the oven, carrots glazed with a bit of lite
pancake syrup, and potatoes roasted with a little olive oil, parsley, s & p, and grated Locatelli cheese..put it all in a plastic bag and shake, spread on a sprayed pan, and roast till browned...
My friend Foley at Foley's Follies is hosting her very first event..(I am learning MEME is the word for that, but I have no clue what that means?)
It is a perfect way to honor your mother, grandmother, or the woman in your life who helped form you into the person you are today.
Share a favorite recipe, plate, etc, or memory in their honor for Mother's Day.
Everyone's invited..Mr. Linky will be up for you to join in...
Check out the details at her blog..
Have a wonderful Sunday...and thanks for visiting!